Re: [BUG] ox-texinfo can't export example blocks [9.6.9 (release_9.6.9 @

From: Ihor Radchenko
Subject: Re: [BUG] ox-texinfo can't export example blocks [9.6.9 (release_9.6.9 @ /usr/local/share/emacs/30.0.50/lisp/org/)]
Date: Sun, 18 Feb 2024 15:38:53 +0000

pva-outdoor@yandex.ru writes:

> It seems that in ox-texinfo.el the `string-match-p' is used instead of
> `string-equal' (here is my patch):

`string-match-p' is used there on purpose to mark lisp, emacs-lisp, and
even elisp blocks with @lisp Texinfo markup.
See
https://www.gnu.org/software/texinfo/manual/texinfo/texinfo.html#g_t_0040lisp

> ... the
> :language property is nil for #+BEGIN_EXAMPLE ... #+END_EXAMPLE blocks.

`org-texinfo-src-block', which you modified in your patch, has nothing
to do with example blocks. It only handles exporting src blocks
(#+begin_src .. #+end_src).

Example blocks are exported using @example Texinfo markup.
See
https://www.gnu.org/software/texinfo/manual/texinfo/texinfo.html#g_t_0040example
Example blocks have no notion of language in Texinfo.

> Without this fix I can't export my `.org' files to `.texi' format ...

Please describe your problem in more details. What do you mean by "can't
export"? See https://orgmode.org/manual/Feedback.html#Feedback

--
Ihor Radchenko // yantar92,
Org mode contributor,