Re: footnotes & #+STARTUP:

From: Ihor Radchenko
Subject: Re: footnotes & #+STARTUP:
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2024 11:38:47 +0000

Sharon Kimble <boudiccas@skimble09.plus.com> writes:

> For various reasons I've recently changed my theme from a home-made one to
> 'naquadah' which seems to have some problem in that it forces all footnotes
> into the bottom of the file. How can I revert it back to my wanted inline, of
> this
>   format `[fn:3]` and then just above the next heading `[fn:3] lorem ipso
> ductem.` I've tried setting this `#+startup: fninline` but it only allows
> this `[fn:450:Blind Io]`.

There is no way that /theme/ changes how Org mode inserts footnotes.
If that is the case, such theme is doing what it is not supposed to do.

What is more likely is that you accidentally changed
`org-footnote-section' value.

> Second question, is it possible to 'nest' startups like below but into just
> one line, please?
>
> =====
> #+startup: showeverything
> #+startup: fninline
> #+startup: fnadjust
> #+startup: noinlineimages
> =====

#+startup: showeverything fninline fnadjust noinlineimages

--
Ihor Radchenko // yantar92,
Org mode contributor,