The orgframe construct in the Beamer exporter as a default needs a rethi

From: Pedro Andres Aranda Gutierrez
Subject: The orgframe construct in the Beamer exporter as a default needs a rethink
Date: Fri, 1 Mar 2024 12:33:32 +0100

Hi,

I needed to go back to stock org-mode (as included in Emacs) because the ‘orgframe’ as defined right now kills my slide decks.
I have been using the construct

** Title
   :PROPERTIES:
   :BEAMER_act: <beamer>
   :END:

For slides I only want in the presentation and

** Title
   :PROPERTIES:
   :BEAMER_act: <handout>
   :END:

For slides I only want in the handout. With the new orgframe environment as of now, the argument between the <> is not passed to the frame and therefore lost.

I don’t know how often the orgframe is needed (I haven’t needed it in the last years of making my presentations with org-mode), but wouldn’t it be more sensible to write

** Title
   :PROPERTIES:
   :BEAMER_env: orgframe
   :END: