Re: cannot export asynchronously because of org-fold-core--update-buffer

From: Ihor Radchenko
Subject: Re: cannot export asynchronously because of org-fold-core--update-buffer-folds
Date: Thu, 07 Mar 2024 12:35:07 +0000

Alan Schmitt <alan.schmitt@polytechnique.org> writes:

> I’m trying to export a file asynchronously to beamer/pdf, and I have a
> strange error. Here is the contents of the *Org Export Process* buffer:
>
> Debugger entered--Lisp error: (void-function
> org-fold-core--update-buffer-folds)
> To make sure I have a reproducible export, I set
> org-export-async-init-file to a file with the following contents:
> (require 'ox-latex)
> I assume the problem is that there is a version mismatch between the org

Yes, looks like it. If you are using custom
`org-export-async-init-file', you need to make sure that Org mode
available to that init file has the same version as the Org mode that
initiates export process. Basically, you need to set the right load-path.

> I’m using to start the export and the org in the async process, but I do
> not understand how they would interact. In particular, I don’t
> understand why there is a mention of byte-compiled code in the error
> trace.

byte-compiled code is a function passed by Org mode to the async Emacs.
That function takes care about re-creating the right Elisp environment
inside the async process.

--
Ihor Radchenko // yantar92,
Org mode contributor,