Re: Emacs slow-down

From: Pedro Andres Aranda Gutierrez
Subject: Re: Emacs slow-down
Date: Fri, 8 Mar 2024 07:54:30 +0100

Hi Bill

another sleepless night. Having something to distract me is helpful. In this case, one of the root causes for my insufferable slowdown was not org-mode but jinx (the spell checker). Without it, I do notice a slow down when going through my slides, but much less.

Going back to ispell...

Best, /PA

On Thu, 7 Mar 2024 at 17:21, William Denton <william@williamdenton.org> wrote:
On Thursday, March 7th, 2024 at 11:03, Pedro Andres Aranda Gutierrez <paaguti@gmail.com> wrote:

> Interestingly enough, this redisplay_internal function seems to be the real pain. I think we need to switch to the main
> emacs devel list here...

I wonder if those of us seeing this have something in common about our configurations.  Might it be a package that's getting in the way, and a change there is causing this?  Or does the profiling show it's in base Org?

Bill

--
William Denton
https://www.miskatonic.org/

--
Fragen sind nicht da, um beantwortet zu werden,
Fragen sind da um gestellt zu werden

Headaches with a Juju log:
unit-basic-16: 09:17:36 WARNING juju.worker.uniter.operation we should run a leader-deposed hook here, but we can't yet