Re: [BUG] obscure error for invalid :exports

From: Max Nikulin
Subject: Re: [BUG] obscure error for invalid :exports
Date: Sun, 10 Mar 2024 17:30:27 +0700

On 08/03/2024 16:46, Ihor Radchenko wrote:
Max Nikulin writes:
Trying to export (to HTML buffer)
      src_elisp[:exports source]{a}
I have got an obscure error
      org-export-as: Wrong type argument: char-or-string-p, nil

See the attached tentative patch.

Thanks, Ihor. With this patch applied, behavior is improved.

Notice however that the *Warnings* buffer may be hidden by export result (e.g. when export to buffer is chosen in the dispatcher).

Almost certainly you already know my opinion (see example of a message link below) that ideally export warnings should be collected with line numbers to a buffer having compilation-minor-mode. Of course, I do not expect that this feature will be implemented as a part of a fix for this bug.

Max Nikulin. Re: [Syntax discussion] Should we treat src blocks without LANG as paragraphs? Sat, 17 Dec 2022 21:47:18 +0700. https://list.orgmode.org/tnkkpn$11am$1@ciao.gmane.io