Bug (?): org-fontify-quote-and-verse-blocks

From: William Denton
Subject: Bug (?): org-fontify-quote-and-verse-blocks
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2024 21:14:44 +0000

This variable was new to me when I saw it mentioned last week, so I turned it
on, but either it doesn't work or I'm doing something wrong.

My steps:  In Org source tree, `make repro`.  In Emacs: `M-: (setq
org-fontify-quote-and-verse-blocks t) RET`

Create a temporary Org file like this:

#+begin_quote
This is a quote.
#+end_quote

Put pointer inside the quote block and run `M-x describe-text-properties`.  It
says that the face is org-block, not org-quote as expected:

   There are text properties here:
     face                 (org-block)

Bill

--