Re: [BUG] Improve error message "org-back-to-heading: Before first headl

From: c . buhtz
Subject: Re: [BUG] Improve error message "org-back-to-heading: Before first headline at position 1" [9.6.8 (release_9.6.8-3-g21171d @/usr/local/share/emacs/29.1.50/lisp/org/)]
Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2024 10:42:44 +0000

Dear Ihor,
thanks for reply.

Am 21.03.2024 11:02 schrieb Ihor Radchenko:
     "org-back-to-heading: Before first headline at position 1 in
buffer..."

I believe that this problem have been fixed on main.

Do you mean the message was improved or the message do not appear anymore? Can you link please to the sources file where I can see the message. Let's see if I understand it. :D

If not, please provide more details on how to trigger the error.

That is the simple example:

    :PROPERTIES:
    :ID:       a7f2b708-d2f9-41d5-a263-d82540b10b23
    :END:
    #+title: test2
    #+date: [2024-03-10 16:42]
    Paragraph

After writing my first message I learned that there need to be a heading that files are attached, too. I don't understand why. So I assume the reason for the error message was that there is no heading in that org file? But I would strongly disagree. An org file has a heading by definition even if it is empty. The heading string (#+title) might not exist and is empty but there is always an ":ID:". To my very(!) limited knowledge I would treat this behavior also as a bug. But there might be a good reason for this behavior.

Something is off in your email settings (in emacs or in system mailer).

I use Thunderbird. There are no other email settings. Never used Emacs with mails. I always wonder why debian-bugreport is able to send mails. :D
But copy & paste is good workaround in the first please.

Kind
Christian