Re: Agenda preserve setting on date change

From: Russell Adams
Subject: Re: Agenda preserve setting on date change
Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2024 15:25:34 +0200

On Mon, Apr 08, 2024 at 07:31:10PM +0000, Ihor Radchenko wrote:
> Russell Adams <RLAdams@adamsinfoserv.com> writes:
>
> > I have noticed that when I pull up an agenda view, if I enable/disable
> > items (ie: enable logbook, enable inactive timestamps), that if I
> > change to a new time period (ie: forward/backward day/week/month/view)
> > that I lose some settings. Generally it's the inactive timestamps,
> > though logbook stays.
>
> May you please provide more detailed instructions starting from emacs -Q?

I pull up a file in 'emacs -Q'.

M-x org-agenda 1 a   (restricted to current file, create agenda view).
Now viewing the weekly agenda in buffer *Org Agenda*.
Press "L" to enable logbook.
Press "[" to enable inactive timestamps.

I now see the full week with log and timestamps.

Press "b" to go back one week.

I now see last week's agenda. Logbook mode is still enabled. Inactive
timestamps are missing.

Pressing "[" will enable inactive timestamps again.

If I navigate again, forward or backward in time, or change between
daily/weekly/monthly view, timestamps are missing.

It appears that the agenda settings in the current view are not reused
when refreshing for a new time.

                                    https://www.adamsinfoserv.com/