Re: `org-element-cache-map' misses elements at end of buffer

From: Morgan Smith
Subject: Re: `org-element-cache-map' misses elements at end of buffer
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2024 07:39:15 -0400

So I found another bug in `org-element-cache-map'.

Executing the following code just freezes up.  I am struggling to work
through the logic of `org-element-cache-map'.  If no-one else magically
solves my issues, I'll figure it out eventually.  But I would appreciate
some advice on how to debug this stuff (both my issue of missing
elements and freezing).

I guess my next current step is to read the manual on breakpoints.  I'm
getting a little tired of just shoving print statements everywhere.

#+BEGIN_SRC elisp
;; I get that this use case looks weird but in a more complicated
;; situation I also experienced freezing so I'm hoping solving this case
;; will also solve my other situation.
(require 'org-test)
(org-test-with-temp-text "* headline\nCLOCK: => 23:43\n"
    (let ((headline (progn (goto-char (point-min)) (org-element-at-point))))
     (org-element-cache-map
     #'car
     :granularity 'element
     :next-re org-element-clock-line-re