Re: MathML and ODT export: inline possible?

From: Max Nikulin
Subject: Re: MathML and ODT export: inline possible?
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2024 17:57:51 +0700

On 22/04/2024 16:05, Fraga, Eric wrote:
On Friday, 19 Apr 2024 at 23:19, Max Nikulin wrote:
MathJax may be your friend. LaTeXML and katex do not add <mrow> as well.

MathJax works well but for websites; my context is that I need to
prepare a Word document to share with others.

I have not tried it, but I suggested MathJax expecting that the following features may be combined in a small custom CLI tool:
- MathML,
- Server-side rendering.

Concerning pandoc, perhaps it is possible to create a Lua filter to handle some specific cases. Again, I have seen some buzzwords in docs and discussions, but I have not tried it myself.

Certainly my expectations in respect to LaTeXML failed. I believed that a tool used for https://dlmf.nist.gov/ should be close to perfect. The reason might be that it is tested with browsers, but not with office software. LaTeX3 code appeared to be a severe performance test for engines.