Re: columnview dynamic block - different time summing behaviour for EFFO

From: Ihor Radchenko
Subject: Re: columnview dynamic block - different time summing behaviour for EFFORT and CLOCKSUM
Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2024 12:21:24 +0000

Alexander Adolf <alexander.adolf@condition-alpha.com> writes:

> Ihor Radchenko <yantar92@posteo.net> writes:
>
>> [...]
>> [...]
>
> I have added one test for each new feature (headline linkification, and
> formatting function). Also, there's a third patch, which moves the call
> to `org-quote-vert' to the cleanup function `org-columns--clean-item' as
> you suggested.
>
> Updated patches below.

Thanks!
The patch is ready to be merged.
Bastien, may you please confirm the FSF records?
Alexander should have the copyright signed.

> One more thing caught my eye in `org-dblock-write:columnview' though.
> When running the currently (i.e. before my patches) last test in
> test-org-colview.el, the one with `org-columns-default-format' set to
> "%ITEM %DEADLINE(d) %SCHEDULED(s) %TIMESTAMP(t)", `org-with-wide-buffer'
> appears to modify the buffer and advances point by one (before the call
> point is at 97, after the call at 98). In all other tests,
> `org-with-wide-buffer' does not move point. In
> `org-dblock-write:columnview' I have thus moved the sampling of point
> for passing to the formatting function to after the call to
> `org-with-wide-buffer'.

This is expected - `org-dblock-write:columnview' uses
`org-columns--capture-view', which, in turn, calls the `org-columns' -
function used to create an interactive column view.

For interactive column view, we must have at least a single space for
each column. Otherwise, we cannot display the columns overlay. So,
`org-columns' always add spaces to headlines, when there are not enough
of them to fit all the requested columns.

--
Ihor Radchenko // yantar92,
Org mode contributor,