Re: [BUG] HTML export does not preserve footnote label [9.6.15 (release_

From: Max Nikulin
Subject: Re: [BUG] HTML export does not preserve footnote label [9.6.15 (release_9.6.15 @ /usr/local/share/emacs/30.0.50/lisp/org/)]
Date: Sat, 4 May 2024 00:29:53 +0700

On 03/05/2024 18:14, Ihor Radchenko wrote:
Max Nikulin writes:

Yes, sure. It is fine to reuse an existing user option. Though reading
through its docstring and the code, I cannot tell what this is doing
exactly. Is it applying to all HTML elements, or just headings?

On my end, I have that option set to nil, but exported headings do use
their CUSTOM_ID.

It seems it was broken by
https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/emacs/org-mode.git/commit/?id=5e9953fa0e

`user-label' is set to CUSTOM_ID when it is set, so checking the
variable is not effective any more.

Nothing is broken. CUSTOM_IDs for _headings_ were used unconditionally.

org-html-prefer-user-labels
     Independently of this variable, however, CUSTOM_ID are always
     used as a reference.

My bad. I believed that this option is (or was) necessary to get anchor names as CUSTOM_ID, but I have tried Org-9.1.9 and I see elements having id attribute with CUSTOM_ID values.