Re: [BUG] Exporting lists of >100 items to markdown

From: Berry, Charles
Subject: Re: [BUG] Exporting lists of >100 items to markdown
Date: Sun, 5 May 2024 17:18:02 +0000

Bastien,

> On May 5, 2024, at 9:17 AM, Bastien <bzg@gnu.org> wrote:
>
> Exporting the attached document with a list of >100 items results in a
> misformed markdown list, with missing spaces at the beginning of items.
>
> Can anyone reproduce this?

Yes.

With Org mode version 9.6.6 I see that org-md-item hard codes the padding to
indent the item 4 spaces past the start of the bullet.

Lists of 1000 items will raise an error.

Coincidentally, there was a thread last month about adding spaces *before* the
bullet in org-md-item, but I think the effect you noted was not mentioned.

Chuck