Re: [BUG] org-insert-heading changed behavior with Emacs 29.2 [9.6.15 (r

From: Ihor Radchenko
Subject: Re: [BUG] org-insert-heading changed behavior with Emacs 29.2 [9.6.15 (release_9.6.15 @ /usr/local/share/emacs/29.2/lisp/org/)]
Date: Fri, 10 May 2024 09:19:23 +0000

> The number of blank lines after newly inserted is not defined by Org
> mode, unlike the number of blank lines before heading that is controlled
> by `org-blank-before-new-entry'.
> Would it make sense to add a new `org-blank-after-new-entry'
> customization that will provide explicit user control over what Org does
> when inserting a new heading?

I studied the code closer, and it looks like some parts of Org mode
already use `org-blank-before-new-entry' when deciding the blank lines
after newly inserted list items.  So, instead of introducing a new
customization, I went with making sure that blank is inserted after new
heading when that heading has blank lines before and there is no blank
before the next heading.

Fixed, on main.
https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/emacs/org-mode.git/commit/?id=f64c8a5a5

--