Re: [ANN] Org mode 9.7 is out

From: Juergen Fenn
Subject: Re: [ANN] Org mode 9.7 is out
Date: Thu, 6 Jun 2024 22:41:25 +0200

Am 06.06.24 um 17:17 Uhr schrieb Ihor Radchenko:
> Juergen Fenn <jfenn@gmx.net> writes:
>
>> Am 06.06.24 um 08:20 Uhr schrieb Visuwesh:
>>> Thanks for the analysis.  Given that Alan says GNUStep cannot handle
>>> non-text clipboard items, I cannot propose anything myself.  It would be
>>> nice if a Mac user can write a report and send it to the Emacs
>>> developers.  Perhaps Juergen can do it?
>>
>> Of course, I /could/ do this, but given the fact that you have already
>> found out about /some/ internals wouldn't it be better a macOS/NextStep
>> developer would look into this in the first place and hence write the
>> report with some somre insight?
>
> Unfortunately, there are no MacOS developers among Org mode maintainers.
> I personally do not even have access to MacOS for testing.
>
> Since you at least can test things on MacOS, it would be helpful if you
> can create the recipe suitable for Emacs devs to reproduce the
> problem. They may also ask extra information from your MacOS.

I see. Thanks for explaining. So, I will write a bug report that draws
on our discussion and send it to emacs-devel over the weekend.

My switch from Ventura to Sonoma shortly may make things more
complicated, as I cannot foresee in howmuch the two platforms differ
under the hood, but I'm afraid I cannot postpone the upgrade.

Regards,
Jürgen.