Re: Add 'readonly' option to ob-sqlite

From: dmg
Subject: Re: Add 'readonly' option to ob-sqlite
Date: Sun, 23 Jun 2024 14:07:07 -0700

hi Ihor,

> "Daniel M. German" <dmg@turingmachine.org> writes:
>
>> Sometimes I think it is useful to open a DB in readonly mode
>>
>> eg. to avoid modifying by mistake
>>
>> This is a patch to ob-sqlite.el to accomplish that
>>
>> It adds support for opening a sqlite database in readonly only.
>>
>> It does it by adding a babel parameter readonly. If present, the
>> database will be opened in readonly mode. Example:
>>
>> #+begin_src sqlite :readonly :db /tmp/rip.db
>> insert into a values (1,2);
>> select * from a;
>> #+end_src
>
> Thanks for the patch!
>
> May you please change the patch to avoid header arguments without value?
> What ob-sqlite doing with "others" is not right because it prevents
> setting ":readonly yes" as default header argument and then selectively
> disabling it via ":readonly no".
>
> Also, since you are adding a new feature, please announce it in
> etc/ORG-NEWS and document it in
> https://orgmode.org/worg/org-contrib/babel/languages/ob-doc-sqlite.html
> (the source code is in
> https://git.sr.ht/~bzg/worg/tree/master/item/org-contrib/babel/languages/ob-doc-sqlite.org)

I have changed the code.

1. It is enabled only with ":readonly yes. Disabled with any other value

2. Documented change in NEWS

3. Added a patch for Worg

Thanks again,

--daniel

Daniel M. German                  ""Geek" is a badge of honor."
                                    Eric Schmidt, CEO of Novell
http://turingmachine.org/
http://silvernegative.com/
dmg (at) uvic (dot) ca