Re: bash source code block: problem after ssh commands

From: Max Nikulin
Subject: Re: bash source code block: problem after ssh commands
Date: Sun, 30 Jun 2024 22:48:13 +0700

On 30/06/2024 22:28, Ihor Radchenko wrote:
I do not see a great benefit of re-implementing session support via
actual terminal. (I think we agree here).

`shell' and so comint allocates "actual" pty. I expect that bracketed paste is just some escape sequences delimiting pasted text (fcntl calls are less probable). The obstacle here is TERM=dumb.

I would be OK with just documenting that ob-shell blocks differ from interactive sessions and some care is required. It is you who want to provide experience close to interactive sessions.

There is a chance that some shell built-in command allows to get behavior close to edit-and-execute-command (C-x C-e) that, unlike "source", echoes input.

Currently I have no over ideas how to avoid interpreting some lines as input to earlier commands (and at the same time send some lines to stdin of commands as it would be in interactive sessions).