emacs-tangents

Re: emacs friendly platform like dokuwiki&zulip

From: Amin Bandali
Subject: Re: emacs friendly platform like dokuwiki&zulip
Date: Sat, 29 Jun 2019 13:10:47 -0400

Hello,

Van L <van@scratch.space> writes:

> Hello,
>
> What are the emacs friendly platforms out there
> for blogging, wiki, chat threading?
>
> _Use case:_ to share what you want from Org Mode and
> Hyperbole in your files.
>
> _For example:_ I've figured out how to get all the
> fonts to display for 'M-x view-hello-file' and want
> that to be listed freely on a domain name I own

Seconding Alan’s suggestion of org-publish.  Besides that, org-page [0]
and org-static-blog [1] come to mind as well for static sites/blogs.

[0]: https://github.com/sillykelvin/org-page
[1]: https://github.com/bastibe/org-static-blog

Since you mentioned dokuwiki, if you don’t mind a non-static
alternative, I’ll raise you Oddmuse [2], another wiki engine that’s been
around for a good while.  It supports a number of different markups, and
there’s a version supporting Org [3], but sadly it doesn’t seem to be
actively maintained.  It may still be worth looking into though.

Regarding its emacs-friendliness, there’s an Oddmuse mode [4] that I’ve
been meaning to look into but haven’t gotten around to yet.  If you end
up trying it out, I’d be interested in hearing your experience with it.

[2]: https://oddmuse.org
[3]: https://oddmuse.org/wiki/Org_Markup_Extension
[4]: https://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/OddmuseMode

-amin