emacs-tangents

Re: Links to many issues of Emacs News (in a weird format)

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: Links to many issues of Emacs News (in a weird format)
Date: Sat, 11 Jun 2022 00:41:04 +0200

chad wrote:

>> And this method of getting the data is perhaps more
>> convenient still ... (post commands here, if and when
>> someone tries it!)
>
> Something like:
>
> (use-package elfeed :ensure t)
>
> and either:
>
> (setq elfeed-feeds '("https://sachachua.com/blog/feed/"; "
> http://planet.emacslife.com/atom.xml";))
>
> or
>
> (setq elfeed-feeds '("https://sachachua.com/blog/feed/";))
>
> is pretty good IMO.

Alrighty, cool! But that's maybe an answer to another
question, or was I the one who started it? But it doesn't
matter, there is no relevant or irrelevant information, just
information that's boring and information that's interesting.

But, I'm looking for a shell command to get the whole body of
text to the disk. Since it was in some repository I thought
that would be simpler than what I did, as I recall it required
fiddling with a lot of options before I succeeded.
That function is still around if I can find it ...

Ah, here it is:

No, just kidding. That command ... ??? But the function's name
helps

  https://dataswamp.org/~incal/conf/.zsh/url

LOL :)

--