Re: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Documentation

From: Jody Klymak
Subject: Re: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Documentation
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2004 09:28:56 -0800

Hi Chris,

chris wallace <address@hidden> writes:

> To be honest, the thing that scares me about planner-mode is setting
> deadlines for everything you need to do - I might know there's a
> bunch of things to do, and even the preferable sequence to do them
> in, but can I accurately say how long they might take?  No way!

While John Wiegley may be sad to hear it, I don't ever worry about the
deadlines in Planner mode.  (setq planner-carry-tasks-forward t)
makes sure the pesky things follow me where ever I go.

> Also, I tend to use emacs-wiki to document what I've done/am doing
> so other people in my group can always see the current results -
> planning the future is just a small part that I do manually.

I use my planner pages in a somewhat similar manner - as a personal
log of what I am doing.  For each planner note gets a heading in both
my Daily page and my ProjectPage.  This duplication means that I can
remember what I have done by project or by day.  Sacha uses a pretty
similar system on her blog.

The best thing about planner is being able run
planner-remember-from-buffer and have links to the buffer show up in
my log.  Then I have a hyper-referenced list of what I was working on.

Planner has a lot of nice add ons to emacs-wiki that make keeping a
personal log a lot easier.

Cheers,  Jody

--
Jody Klymak      http://opg1.ucsd.edu/~jklymak/