Re: [emacs-wiki-discuss] HOWTO Integrate everything?

From: Guy Bencteux
Subject: Re: [emacs-wiki-discuss] HOWTO Integrate everything?
Date: Sat, 27 Mar 2004 17:10:16 +0100

Le Vendredi 26 Mars 2004 20:57, Paul Lussier a écrit :
> >#A1  _ Do things in RevelleLog#13 {{Tasks:101}} (RevelleLog)
> >
> >RevelleLog#13 is a list of sub tasks, but it could easily have been
> >any kind of note.
> >
> >.#13 Talked with Rob: Two d FFTs 15:05 ([[2004.03.23#3]])
> >Need to
> >1) Figure out what spectral shape for shear is
> >2) What should 2-D noise spectra look like? DONE - white in f and
> >blue in k_z, just as we would expect.
> >3) Smooth spectrally DONE - looks more useful.
> >
> >This is typed in manually.  I guess it'd be kind of fun to select a
> >note and make a task associated with it.  Not sure if it'd be worth
> >the coding pain.
>
> Ahh, so RevelleLog is the current page and #13 is the target within
> that page, such that when you select RevelleLog#13 you jump to that
> section of the page?  That sounds just like what I'm looking for.
> I assume that RevelleLog may or may not be the current page, and that
> if you in say, a daily page and you reference RevelleLog#13, you will
> not only jump to the RevelleLog page, but the #13 labelled item on
> that page?

I would also like to work in that way. But I find it complicated to enter a
note. Is there a function to begin a note ? When I call
"planner-create-note", it systematically creates a note in the current day
page. It would help me to choose the target wiki-page of the note, or to have
a mechanism to make a plan page to point to a note I am creating (the good
point of that last mechanism is to keep stored some context data in the
dailly page). Does it exist ?

> >>  - associate notes with Schedule items.
> >>    (i.e. I might schedule:
> >>
> >>       12:30 | 13:00 | Staff Meeting
> >>
> >>     as a scheduled item, but want to make a note down below:
> >
> >Again, wiki links and targets are your friends for associating
> >information across different pages and different parts of the page.
>
> Hmm, okay, so I could have a link the Staff Meeting schedule item
> with a target within the current day view to contain the notes I'm
> interested in.
How is it possible to have a target pointing to a schedule item ? With the :
#target
syntax that is described in the emacs-wiki-publishing-markup ?

Thank you for your help. I agree Paul : these tools seems very complete to
organize personal time and I am presently addicting to them.

Guy Bencteux