Re: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: snippet to ido-switch instead of planner-go

From: Angus Lees
Subject: Re: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: snippet to ido-switch instead of planner-goto today
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2004 10:43:34 +1000

At Tue, 29 Jun 2004 14:03:20 +0800, Sacha Chua wrote:
> Jody Klymak <address@hidden> writes:
> > I've found planner-goto-today kind of annoying because it always
> > reopens the planner file in whatever window I am working in, whereas
>
> Is this the case even when planner-use-other-window is t? I use
> planner-goto-today all the time, and it opens the planner file in a
> separate window. Oh, wait, I've never tried it with multiple frames.
> You're right, it doesn't switch nicely. I wonder what a non-ido way to
> deal with this problem is...

I have (setq planner-use-other-window t) and I find it annoying that
(for example) invoking `planner-goto-today' twice gives me two windows
both looking at today.  I think modifying `planner-goto' to invoke
something like this would do what I expect:
  (if planner-use-other-window
      (pop-to-buffer buf)
    (switch-to-buffer buf))

If that were the behaviour, I'm not sure why anyone would *not* want
to use `planner-use-other-window' ;)

On XEmacs at least, I think `pop-to-buffer' would also help Jody's
problems since if the buffer is already displayed in another frame,
then that frame is simply raised.  (I'm not sure how GNU Emacs behaves
in this regard)

--
 - Gus