[emacs-wiki-discuss] transitioning to muse

From: Yvonne Thomson
Subject: [emacs-wiki-discuss] transitioning to muse
Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2005 18:07:33 +1000

Hi all

Since the powers that be transitioned planner to muse, I decided it was
time I bit the bullet and transitioned myself. The planner transfer went
fine, no hassles at all.

The problem is, I've got at least one other thing that uses
emacs-wiki. I wrote myself a replacement for w3m's bookmark manager, so
that it uses wiki pages in a dedicated bookmarks project. There were a
few reasons for that which I won't go into. I'm not quite sure how to
translate the code for muse, though. I've got a bunch of functions that
look something like this.

(defun w3m-wiki-bookmark-view (section)
  "View a section of the bookmark list"
  (interactive
       (with-emacs-wiki-project "bookmarks"
            (list (emacs-wiki-read-name (emacs-wiki-file-alist)))))
              (with-emacs-wiki-project "bookmarks"
                  (emacs-wiki-find-file section)))

Now, I'm not sure if this was the best way to do this, and I'm guessing
probably not, but the question is, what's the muse equivalent of
something like this? I've got code to add b bookmarks as well.

The other problem I'm having is even more obscure, and I might have to
go to another list for the answer, but here goes. I'm blind, and I'm an
emacspeak user. Emacspeak basically uses advice to speak things in
different modes. The functions I'm having trouble with and
muse-next-reference and muse-previous-reference. I need it to speak the
link title as I tab across them, but I'm having trouble actually
*extracting* the link title so emacspeak can speak it. My original
emacs-wiki code looked something like this.

(defadvice emacs-wiki-next-reference (after emacspeak pre act)
  "Speak the next reference "
  (dtk-stop)
  (emacspeak-auditory-icon 'scroll)
  (dtk-speak (match-string 0)))

anyone know a simple way to get the link title of a link?

If anyone can help me with any of this weird stuff, let me know.