emacsconf-org

Re: Volunteering for EmacsConf 2023

From: Sacha Chua
Subject: Re: Volunteering for EmacsConf 2023
Date: Wed, 08 Nov 2023 21:34:55 -0500

Amine Zyad <amizya@gmail.com> writes:

Hello, Amine!

> I would like to help preparing for EmacsConf 2023, I'm a python developer
> but also have experience in Linux administration and can help with Ansible.
> Please tell me how to proceed,

That's wonderful! Thanks for reaching out. =) Here's a quick list of
things people can work on so we can see if any of them sound interesting
to you:

- Captioning: People get to pick whichever talk(s) they want to edit the
captions for, so it's a nice way to enjoy EmacsConf over a longer period
of time.

- Audio normalization: It would be nice to have a consistent audio level
so that people can watch more comfortably.

- Quality assurance: Sometimes the ffmpeg re-encoding script gets
accidentally interrupted or the compression is a bit too much. Someone
could watch the reencoded videos and doublecheck everything plays well,
captions are reasonable, etc.

- Volunteer roles during the conference itself: details at
https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacsconf-discuss/2023-10/msg00000.html

Would any of those things happen to be in line with the things you'd
like to do?

I'll send you the backstage username and password in a separate e-mail.
Thanks for reaching out!

Sacha