epix-users

Re: [ePiX-users] Figure size

From: José Alexandre Nalon
Subject: Re: [ePiX-users] Figure size
Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2008 10:15:42 -0300

Hello,

> However, code that can automatically choose the bounding box (as you asked
> about via email) would ensure picture contents nearly fill the bounding
> box. I'll experiment with some ideas in the coming weeks.

That would help a lot. I looked in the generated .eepic file, and
noticed that it contains a lot of numbers, which I suppose are
coordinates used to draw the picture elements. I think that a
scale can be applied easily, then (I could write a quick script
to double those numbers, but I don't think it would do what I
want, though).

Anyway, the figures are to be included in a LaTeX document, and
I set it up to scale them to a fixed width (a fraction of the
\textwidth). This would take care of the difference in the final
sizes of the pictures, if it wasn't for the text included in them.
Even though in the document the pictures end with the same size,
the text doesn't, and that does not look very nice.

There might be, however, a workaround to that (whether in LaTeX
or in ePiX itself), that I don't know of (there are a lot of
things that I don't know...). If it exists, I could try it while
a complete solution isn't available.

--
José Alexandre Nalon
address@hidden