espressomd-devel

Re: [ESPResSo-devel] Tcl interpreter changed? - Legal Issues

From: Torsten Stuehn
Subject: Re: [ESPResSo-devel] Tcl interpreter changed? - Legal Issues
Date: Tue, 03 Jul 2007 17:23:36 +0200

Hi Olaf,

As stated in the file, the code originates from the Tcl wiki at
http://wiki.tcl.tk/. After I have done some reading on the page, it
seems to me that the copyright status of the code is not completely
clear. Although very improbable, in theory, one of the contributors
might sue us for copyright infringement if we simply put it into
ESPResSo. I know, this is annoying and not in the spirit of the thing,
but still, the legal status is unclear.

In my opinion the legal issues of the tclline.tcl script are pretty
clear (see http://wiki.tcl.tk/4381) as long as we do not claim, that
it is our own script, we are allowed to use it.

I added some "contribution to the author" lines to the script.

I like the new interactive commandline of ESPResSo pretty much and think
that we should keep the script.

Greetings,
Torsten.

--