espressomd-devel

[ESPResSo-devel] TCL procedures with variable calling parameters

From: Limbach, Hans Joerg, LAUSANNE, NRC-FS
Subject: [ESPResSo-devel] TCL procedures with variable calling parameters
Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2007 13:37:57 +0200

Dear all,

Here is something for the weekend...

Do you know any clever way to write a tcl procedure which has a variable parameter list?
I find it often very anoying that you one always has to look for the right order of arguments and in addition that you have to give all of them all the time.

I attached a small dummy procedure which solves this. It can take five parameters, called p1 to p5, which you can give in any order (see the script for examples). If you do not provide them, the procedure assigns them to default values.

Have a look at it and let me know what you think.
I am almost sure that this either might exist already or that somebody of you has a better idea how to handle this. In my opinion something like this would make Espresso much more user friendly.

See you,
Hanjo
<<param_test.tcl>>

Dr. Hans Jörg Limbach