espressomd-devel

RE: [ESPResSo-devel] Book-keeping of bonded partners

From: Limbach, Hans Joerg, LAUSANNE, NRC-FS
Subject: RE: [ESPResSo-devel] Book-keeping of bonded partners
Date: Thu, 3 Apr 2008 08:39:15 +0200

Dear Tristan,

Can you explain, why you can not solve your problem with a bonded
interaction potential?

Concerning your other problems:
It is not possible to obtain the bond list of all particles in the
non-bonded interaction calculations because the bond list is not
communicated during the ghost communication. If you try you may access
memory that has not been initialized and you will get rubbish.
Do not implement anything that assumes that bonds just go from particle
i to particle i+1

Workaround:
(But this doubles the computational effort to calculate the bonded
interaction!)
If you want to have a bond between particle i and j. Create two bonds,
one from i to j and one from j to i and divide the strength of your
original interaction by 2.

Best regards,
Hanjo