espressomd-devel

[ESPResSo-devel] ESPResSo github repo

From: Olaf Lenz
Subject: [ESPResSo-devel] ESPResSo github repo
Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2011 15:20:40 +0200

Hi everybody!

After github has become popular amongst you folks, it has started to
become confusing for me to keep apart the "main repository" containing
the "official" ESPResSo code, and my own development branches. Therefore
I have set up a new account and repo on github
(https://github.com/espressomd/espresso). All future official
developments will happen there. The old master repo
(https://github.com/olenz/espresso) will only contain my own development
branches in the future that I want to share with others. In particular,
this means that I will not regularly update the master branch of that
repo, so you won't have up-to-date code if you use it.

Therefore, to all who used that repo as the reference point so far:
please update your remotes to the new address, as follows

1. Check which remotes use my repo

  git remote -v show

2. Pick out all remotes that contain a link to my repo
git://github.com/olenz/espresso.git and where you are not sure that it
should be exactly my personal one.

3. Change the URL of these repos via

  git remote set-url <name> git://github.com/espressomd/espresso.git

Olaf

--
Dr. rer. nat. Olaf Lenz
Institut für Computerphysik, Pfaffenwaldring 27, D-70569 Stuttgart