espressomd-devel

[ESPResSo-devel] Bugfix-Release 3.0.1

From: Olaf Lenz
Subject: [ESPResSo-devel] Bugfix-Release 3.0.1
Date: Mon, 23 May 2011 10:16:43 +0200

Hi everybody!

This week, we want to introduce something unknown to the
ESPResSo-Community so far: a bugfix release (3.0.1).

During the last weeks, we have identified and squashed a number of bugs
in ESPResSo release 3.0.0 and have fixed them in the code in git branch
"3.0". Note that we only fix bugs on that branch - new features and
larger changes should be added only on the main development branch. That
way, we hope to make releases to contain more reliable code than the
standard development branch, which besides new features might contain
also new bugs.

We plan to make the bugfix release within this week. Therefore, if you
know of any more bugs in 3.0.0, please write a bug report at

        https://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?group=espressomd

as soon as possible, or let me know via Email.

Olaf

--
Dr. rer. nat. Olaf Lenz
Institut für Computerphysik, Pfaffenwaldring 27, D-70569 Stuttgart