espressomd-devel

Re: [ESPResSo-devel] Porting Interaction Calculations to CUDA

From: Axel Arnold
Subject: Re: [ESPResSo-devel] Porting Interaction Calculations to CUDA
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2012 16:38:04 +0200

Hi!

If I didn't missunderstand you, you basically want to do the same as the LB-
GPU code. That code also copies the positions and velocities to the GPU and
gets the forces back. The interesting parts for you are lbgpu_cfile.c,
lb_calc_particle_lattice_ia_gpu and lb_send_forces_gpu. These also handle the
gathering of the parallely distributed particle data.

There are some minor issues with the C++/C interfacing since CUDA is
inherently C++, but that can be solved using "extern "C" {}" constructs. In
any case, you don't need to recompile the whole code, just your GPU code and
of course linking.

Axel

--
JP Dr. Axel Arnold      Tel: +49 711 685 67609
ICP, Universität Stuttgart      Email: address@hidden