espressomd-devel

Re: [ESPResSo-devel] ESPResSo not linking on freshest commit

From: Tristan Bereau
Subject: Re: [ESPResSo-devel] ESPResSo not linking on freshest commit
Date: Tue, 21 Jan 2014 18:19:48 +0100

Dear Stefan and Florian,

Silly me--thanks for the pointer. I do get another error now, though :-)

EspressoSystemInterface.cpp: At global scope:
EspressoSystemInterface.cpp:107:71: error: no
'SystemInterface::const_real_iterator&
EspressoSystemInterface::qBegin()' member function declared in class
'EspressoSystemInterface'
 SystemInterface::const_real_iterator &EspressoSystemInterface::qBegin() {
                                                                       ^
EspressoSystemInterface.cpp:112:75: error: no 'const
const_real_iterator& EspressoSystemInterface::qEnd()' member function
declared in class 'EspressoSystemInterface'
 const SystemInterface::const_real_iterator &EspressoSystemInterface::qEnd() {
                                                                           ^

and also some warnings (I'm only showing them here in case they're
related to the error):

In file included from EspressoSystemInterface.cpp:1:0:
EspressoSystemInterface.hpp: In constructor
'EspressoSystemInterface::EspressoSystemInterface()':
EspressoSystemInterface.hpp:107:10: warning:
'EspressoSystemInterface::m_q_gpu_end' will be initialized after
[-Wreorder]
   float *m_q_gpu_end;
          ^
EspressoSystemInterface.hpp:98:8: warning:   'bool
EspressoSystemInterface::m_gpu' [-Wreorder]
   bool m_gpu;
        ^
In file included from EspressoSystemInterface.cpp:1:0:
EspressoSystemInterface.hpp:10:3: warning:   when initialized here [-Wreorder]
   EspressoSystemInterface() : m_gpu_npart(0), m_r_gpu_begin(0),
m_r_gpu_end(0), m_v_gpu_begin(0), m_v_gpu_end(0), m_q_gpu_begin(0),
m_q_gpu_end(0), m_gpu(false), m_needsParticleStructGpu(false),
m_splitParticleStructGpu(false)  {};
   ^

I don't have cuda set up on my machine, and that was indeed shown at
the end of ./configure. Can you reproduce the above-mentioned error?

Best,
Tristan