espressomd-devel

[ESPResSo-devel] some inconsistencies in the last bunch of changes [lbgp

From: Marcello Sega
Subject: [ESPResSo-devel] some inconsistencies in the last bunch of changes [lbgpu_cuda.cu]
Date: Sun, 18 May 2014 11:59:20 +0200

Dear all

in the last commit the function:

statistics_observable_lbgpu_radial_velocity_profile()

appeared in lbgpu_cuda.cu

Unfortunately, it doesn't compile, as
fill_lb_radial_velocity_profile() calls the nonexisting function
get_interpolated_velocity().

I guess the candidate should be

lb_lbfluid_get_interpolated_velocity()

but this, in turn, is defined in lb.cpp, and cannot be accessed from
lbgpu_cuda, which, AFAIU, should never refer to the lb module (I might
be easily wrong, but I thought that was the rationale)

Also, it looks like
statistics_observable_lbgpu_radial_velocity_profile() is the only
function of its kind (no other observables are defined on the gpu). So
I guess the fundamental question here is: where should  "statistics"
functions for the gpu be put ?  A new .cu file? lbgpu_cuda.cu  is
pretty much crowded right now...

M.

--
Institut für Computergestützte Biologische Chemie
University of Vienna