Re: [ESPResSo] analyze pressure and energy problems

From: Markus Deserno
Subject: Re: [ESPResSo] analyze pressure and energy problems
Date: Mon, 15 Jun 2009 13:45:42 -0400

Dear İbrahim,

without having looked too much at your specific problem...
...but: In "natural" simulation units, assuming all masses are
essentially the same, the integration time step should not
be 1, rather maybe 0.01.  How many seconds that represents
is a whole different question.  This requires mapping and
depends not only on your masses but also the hard-to-guess
speedup factor which you get from coarse-graining.  It seems
to me that your system might just blow up.

Best,

MD