Re: [ESPResSo-users] time dependent force

From: Axel Arnold
Subject: Re: [ESPResSo-users] time dependent force
Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2011 17:35:30 +0200

On Wednesday 20 July 2011 16:02:41 Jiajia Zhou wrote:
> Thanks for the reply. I would like to change the force every single
> time step. To do this in the tcl level, I think the force are
> calculated twice for every time step (am I correct?), so I can save
> some time by implementing in the c level.

Hi,

no, the forces are normally calculated only once per time step, but twice used
in the propagation. Nevertheless, if you have e.g. a periodically oscillating
force, you definitely want to implement it as an constraint.

Btw, if your external potential is not very exotic, such as e.g. a simple
sinusoidal potential sin(kx + wt) or so, it would be nice if you could send us
the code for integration with the next release, since that might be of general
interest.

Axel

--
JP Dr. Axel Arnold