[ESPResSo-users] vtf issue with vmd

From: Jacob Kirkensgaard
Subject: [ESPResSo-users] vtf issue with vmd
Date: Tue, 20 Dec 2011 11:55:42 +0100

Hi all

Sorry if this is wrong forum, but I thought most relevant people using vtf
would be espresso-users (+ I know Olaf reads this :-) )

I have a problem with the vtf format in vmd. I attach two initial snapshots
made from the same espresso-script with the only difference being the number of
particles in the simulations. One I can view in vmd - the other I can not. I
simply get:

vtfplugin: Invalid argument
ERROR) Could not read file pep_lip_n20l-init.vtf
ERROR) Loading of startup molecule files aborted.

Is there a vmd-variable one has to change to be able to view large vtf files?
Or is something going wrong in my script? I have visualized much larger systems
using pdb/psf format. The problem is for both vmd 1.8.7 and 1.9 on OSX 10.7.2.

Thanks for your help.
Best,
Jacob