[ESPResSo-users] Pressure Problem

From: Wozniak, Matthew C
Subject: [ESPResSo-users] Pressure Problem
Date: Tue, 3 Jul 2012 17:15:39 -0400

Hello,

I'm a computatoinal physics student and I am learning to use ESPResSo by first
studying the LJ-tutorial provided by the website. The tutorial simulates an
LJ-system whose parameters cause it to operate near the triple point. When I
analyze the total pressure during each sample, the pressure comes out to be
negative. How can pressure be negative? Why are these pressures negative?

Please help!

Thanks,

Matthew Wozniak
Honors Program Media Coordinator
Student of Computational Physics and Geology
Slippery Rock University
412-260-2263
facebook: http://www.facebook.com/#!/mwozniak113