Re: [ESPResSo-users] stopping the simulation

From: Peter Kosovan
Subject: Re: [ESPResSo-users] stopping the simulation
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2012 17:07:30 +0200 (CEST)

Hello Tarun,

You can get full answer to your question only if you provide details of your
acutal simulation setup, e.g. by sending your tcl script.

I assume you are using the Langevin integrator which includes random forces. If
you do not initialize your random number generator, the default seed is used
when you start (or re-start) your simulation. To obtain exactly the same
trajectory from a signle run and from a simulation where you save/restore the
configuration, you need to save also the status of random number generators on
each node and when restoring, you also need to restore the rng status.

On the other hand, if you are not studying time-dependent quantities, it should
not matter. The trajectories between the single run and the saved/restored will
be different but will have the same statistical properties. If you re-init your
random number generators 6 times for the whole simulation, its influence should
be well below the statistical error of the simulation.

Regards,

peter

--
Peter Košovan