[ESPResSo-users] freeze during warmup integration

From: Nick Kinney
Subject: [ESPResSo-users] freeze during warmup integration
Date: Wed, 5 Sep 2012 14:20:35 -0400

I am trying to run a simple system (before I setup up a more complex system) which consists of several polymers ~50 monomers each in a spherical confinement.  I am using the PSAW to place the polymers.  but then when I go to heat up the system by placing a cap on the LJ potentials the program stops.  Just freezes and I have to cntr-c.  some other strange observations if I change epsilon sometimes is will get to the second warm step and then freeze.  Thirdly all my Lennard Jones potentials in my observable file show negative energy, is this a convention??  Thanks, Nick