Re: [ESPResSo-users] protein self-aggregation, directional lennard jonne

From: Tristan Bereau
Subject: Re: [ESPResSo-users] protein self-aggregation, directional lennard jonnes
Date: Sun, 3 Feb 2013 15:34:58 +0100

Dear Sarah,

How you want to model a system ultimately depends on what you want to
recreate. However, atom types for protein backbones are generally
residue-independent, i.e., one set of parameters irrespective of the
residue. The interaction potential you refer to was used in this paper
to model CG peptides:

http://jcp.aip.org/resource/1/jcpsa6/v130/i23/p235106_s1

This model did use one atom type for the C atoms and another one for
the N atoms. See the following link for an ESPResSo implementation of
the CG model:

https://github.com/tbereau/peptideB

Best,
Tristan