Re: [ESPResSo-users] espress0-3.2.0

From: Stefan Kesselheim
Subject: Re: [ESPResSo-users] espress0-3.2.0
Date: Wed, 5 Jun 2013 22:22:33 +0200

Hi Sonika,

On Jun 5, 2013, at 8:46 PM, Sonika Gahlawat <address@hidden> wrote:

>> I am trying to follow the steps in the user manual but I am getting the
>> warning " mpi not found or disabled" every time I prepare it for
>> configuration.
>> I have no clue how to proceed to the step of espresso scripts.

This is not an error: It means that the mpi library necessary for parallel
execution is not found. You can use all features of Espresso without that, note
only that for some applications you can considerably speed up calculations by
using several CPU cores on a multicore computer, or on a cluster architecture.
The message you obtained is merely a warning, that the parallel features are
not avail able. You can however compile Espresso by typing
make
and use it. Have fun!
If you want to use espresso in parallel make sure you have an mpi library
installed on your system. Your system administrator can probably help you with
that. All linux distributions allow to install e.g. openmpi through the package
managers.
Cheers
Steafn