Re: [ESPResSo-users] DPD

From: Dudo
Subject: Re: [ESPResSo-users] DPD
Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2014 20:02:54 +0200

On Wed, Sep 10, 2014 at 7:09 PM, Christoph Junghans <address@hidden> wrote:
> Please,
>
> should I generate additional particles for using the DPD thermostat?
I don't really understand why you would do that. Can you give some
details about the problem you are studying?

Hi Chris,

well, what I would like to do is to drag a polymer molecule through media,
with a constant velocity with respect to the media as possible.
Hence, even if I fill the periodic box with a huge number of "solvent" bodies it would start moving as one phase after some time.
So this is not the way.
What I would like to see coming from my simulation, is at first the molecule orienting with its lowest energy/lowest friction or hydrodynamic radius profile with respect to the direction of the movement through the media, with the molecule started re-shaping after a while..

Dusan

Cheers,

Christoph

--