Re: [ESPResSo-users] Question about simulation of water

From: Dr. Jens Smiatek
Subject: Re: [ESPResSo-users] Question about simulation of water
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2014 21:45:15 +0200

Dear Fei,

this is a well-known problem for solvent box equilibration.
Increase the initial distance between the water molecules and start with
a NVT simulation.
NVT allows you to find a somehow equilibrated structure with a wrong
density.
After that and under consideration of the final NVT snapshot, you can
probably perform some NPT without exploding pressure to achieve the
correct density.

Best regards,
Jens

--