[ESPResSo-users] 1d colloidal system with MMM1D

From: Salvador H-V
Subject: [ESPResSo-users] 1d colloidal system with MMM1D
Date: Fri, 31 Jul 2015 10:05:48 -0500

Hi,

I want to simulate a (strictly) one-dimensional colloidal system. The particles will move
along a line with periodicity only in  one-direction. The study that I pretend to do is similar to that reported in

THE JOURNAL OF CHEMICAL PHYSICS 133, 114902 2010
Ordering and single-file diffusion in colloidal systems

In that work authors used WCA and Yukawa potentials to study the ordering and dynamics along the channel. Here, I am interested in a long-range particle-particle repulsive potential, i.e., electrostatic potential.

I have made some reading and it seems that the MMM1D method could serve to my proposes.

To be on the safe side  I am just wondering if there is something that I should be aware or if somebody could give some advice before embarking.

Thanks a lot in advance

Salvador H-V