Re: [ESPResSo-users] Help with cylinder constraint

From: Salvador H-V
Subject: Re: [ESPResSo-users] Help with cylinder constraint
Date: Thu, 5 Nov 2015 16:02:45 -0600

Hi Georg,

Thanks a lot for your answer.

Your command and the one I am using are very similar. In my case I choose axis 1 0 0 because I want a cylinder along the x-axis. Is this correct?

I tried with your command but still I can see in vmd only the particles but no the cylinder. In fact, in the file
cilindro.vmd_start.script  I have the following lines:

logfile vmd.log
mol load vsf cilindro.vsf
rotate stop
mol modstyle 0 0 CPK 1.800000 0.300000 8.000000 6.000000
mol modcolor 0 0 Name
imd connect localhost 10000
imd transfer 1
imd keep 1
draw color gray
draw cylinder {97343.75 0.0 0.0} {97968.75 0.0 0.0} radius 0.42 resolution 36

and in the file
cilindro.vsf i have only the lines
pbc 625.0 625.0 625.0
atom 0:624 radius 0.25 name O type 0 q 0.0

I was wondering if this format is correct. Besides,  I would like to ask you for a basic script in order to corroborate that I am able to see the cylinder.

Thanks a lot in advance

Salvador