Re: [ESPResSo-users] Boltzmann swimmers on GPUs

From: Henri Menke
Subject: Re: [ESPResSo-users] Boltzmann swimmers on GPUs
Date: Mon, 6 May 2019 22:01:17 +1200

Dear Martin,

The swimmers only work on a single MPI node with CPU LB because otherwise
another ghost layer would be required.  Back when we implemented the swimmers
for CPU LB we only did so for verification purposes.  Since the GPU LB is
orders of magnitude faster, this should always be the preferred implementation.
However, the GPU LB is limited to a single GPU as a whole.

There is also a tutorial on active matter which you can find in the source tree
or at http://espressomd.org/wordpress/documentation/

Kind regards,
Henri