fcp-general

Re: [Fcp-general] Algebra Text and Authoring Tools

From: Peter Hutnick
Subject: Re: [Fcp-general] Algebra Text and Authoring Tools
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2004 08:22:36 -0600

Peter Hutnick wrote:

Ladies and Gentlemen,

If you aren't _too_ shy, please step on up and introduce yourselves.

Not all at once, now.

I have added a "people" page to the FCP site. http://www.nongnu.org/fcp/people.html. RMS says he is "glad to be named as an honorary member."

I have posted my Algebra text at http://hutnick.com/writings/fcp/ainh.pdf.

[. . .]

LyX on Windows is still not ready for Joe the History teacher or Sue the Physics instructor. LyX's output is problematic anyway.

I have talked myself right out of using LyX. I am currently "porting" AinH to plain LaTeX. Once that is done I'll probably go ahead and check it into CVS.

I am aching to hear any comments that any of you have. Even a simple ACK would be good for my sanity . . .

-Peter