ff3d-users

[ff3d-users] diffusion eqn and Reflecting Boundary condition.

From: Debasis Dan
Subject: [ff3d-users] diffusion eqn and Reflecting Boundary condition.
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2004 11:28:41 -0500 (EST)

Hello !
   I am trying to solve a simple time dependent chemical diffusion
equation inside a box containing an opaque object (no chemical can diffuse
inside) say a small sphere. The boundary condition is d/dn (c) = 0 on all
boundary surface including the outer bounding box. My initial condition is
a sharp gaussian ditribution at an arbitrary point.
 d/dt (theta) = div(grad(theta))
   So I use the definition domain(S,outside(<1,0,0>)); where <1,0,0> is my
embedded sphere.
Then I loop this small code :

 solve(theta) in Omega by M
   {
      pde(theta)
      theta-div(dt*grad(theta)) = theta0;
      dnu(theta) = 0 on <1,0,0> ;
      dnu(theta) = 0 on M ;
   };

   theta0 = theta ;

But I find that chemical is diffusing inside my embedded object. Can you
please tell me how to overcome this problem.

Regards,
Debasis Dan

                                Debasis Dan
                             Swain Hall West 117