ff3d-users

Re:[ff3d-users] Version 1.0pre7 released

From: Stephane Del Pino
Subject: Re:[ff3d-users] Version 1.0pre7 released
Date: Sat, 5 Mar 2005 13:10:31 +0100

Hello,

Le Vendredi 4 Mars 2005 15:36, thomas.gazzola a écrit :
> Hello, here is my comment :o)
Thank you for the comment ;-)

> Option 1 is very good. I think it is more important to fulfill
> the documentation: there are lots of options undocumented, so
> one cannot use them.
> I know that it is very time consumming to do this, but this is
> the most important to me.
You are probably right. The problem is that every time I go for the
documentation someone asks for a functionality. For instance, the day after I
sent the announcement mail, I was contact to implement new finite elements.
In that case, I always choose to implement new features, because it can lead
to publications (working for free on ff3d is very nice but sometimes you need
compensations ...), and it is often more interesting.

So, if someone is interested in helping me to write this documentation, he
will be very welcome. Writing this user documentation is not such a big task.
It just requires to be able to read the 'language/parse.ff.yy' file.

> I also have a question. Does ff3d plan to have a function like
> freefem++'s adaptmesh ? (I now that in 3D, the difficulty is
> not the same...)
The answer is yes. But the next question is "When?". In fact their are to
ways.

First is the job of Jean-Baptiste Apoung Kamga:
He is implementing in the 'dg' branch a Discontinous Galerking  method. This
will allow to refine meshes in a non conforming way.

Second, is a job with Philippe Hoch. We would like to implement an
unstructured 3d mesh generator based on his 2D experience. Since the method
uses Riemann metrics to built the mesh, adaptation will be possible.

> Regards,
>
> Thomas
>
> PS: I found no link to the sources
> (http://www.freefem.org/ff3d/sources/) on the ff3d web page,
> only the CVS access process.
Thank you for the report. I will fix this as soon as possible.

Best regards,
Stephane.